- Abstracts submitted should not have been previously published or presented at another meeting.
- Abstracts must be written in the format provided below and must be uploaded in doc format. Abstract submitted in pdf or other formats will not be reviewed.
- Abstracts should be no more than 250 words (excluding abstract title, authors and affiliations).
- Abstracts should be written in English.
- For both primary and co-authors, credentials along with their full names and email addresses must be included. If co-authors are from different institutions, the secondary institution(s) and the institution investigators are associate with must be listed using a superscript.
- Papers submitted to the ICTSD must be original work and not previously published or submitted.
- Please only capitalise the first word and pronouns in your Paper Title.
- Make sure you include all the authors and their organisation details in the abstract.
- Highlight the presenting author by making his/her name underlined.
- Use “Times New Roman”.
- Normal text should be 11 point with single line spacing.
- Paper title: 14 point, bold, sentence case (capitals for proper nouns only). Leave one blank line below the title.
- Authors’ names: 11 point. First name or initials should come before the family name for each author. Highlight the presenting author in bold. Use superscript capital letter to indicate different affiliations.
- Authors’ affiliations: 9 point, sentence case (capitals for first letter and proper nouns only), provide email address of first or presenting author and each affiliation defined by a superscript capital letter.
Each parallel symposia session will have a moderator, with one or more committee members in attendance. Presenters are allocated 15 minutes to deliver their presentation (we suggest a 10-minute presentation length, with 5 minutes left for audience questions). Based on the allocated presentation time, the presentation file should contain approximately 10–12 PowerPoint slides. You are responsible for the content of your presentation.
The following will be at your disposal, for use during your presentation:
- Projector and screen
- Laser pointer
Submitting your presentation file
All presenters are required to submit their presentation file during registration on the first or second day of the conference, at the submissions desk in front of the Ballroom. It is not possible to use your own computer for your presentation.
- Your presentation file should be in a format compatible with Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 (or earlier).
- Bring your presentation on a USB memory stick or CD-ROM. Facilities will not be provided for other submission methods.
- We highly recommend that you keep a backup of your presentation file on a second USB stick or CD-ROM.
- Please do not embed videos in your presentation.